East Hudson Trails Map 2018 Now Available
The revised 12th edition of our East Hudson Trails map set is available in print and digital formats!
A completely revised 12th edition of the East Hudson Trails map set, showing more than 150 miles of trails in the New York Highlands east of the Hudson River, now includes trail mileage numbers on the face of the map. This edition also features new, improved elevation contour lines and several important trail changes.
Among the other significant changes on the maps are a revised trail system at Manitou Point Preserve, a newly built section of Highlands Trail, revised blaze colors in Manitoga, the addition of marked trails in Garrison School Forest, large parkland additions to Hudson Highlands State Park Preserve and Fahnestock State Park, and other new trails in these parks. Many additional adjustments to the maps make this 12th edition of East Hudson Trails more accurate than ever before.
Parks shown on the maps include Fahnestock State Park, Hudson Highlands State Park Preserve, Castle Rock Unique Area, Hudson Highlands Gateway Park, Manitoga, Manitou Point Preserve, Mount Beacon Park, Nelsonville Nature Preserve, Garrison School Forest, and West Point Foundry Preserve. All maps include UTM gridlines, parking areas, viewpoints, and other points of interest.
The maps are available in print format, in vibrant color on our popular waterproof, tear-resistant Tyvek; shop online, visit our headquarters, or look for them at an outdoor retailer near you. In addition, they are now available in digital format on Apple and Android devices through the Avenza Maps app, including for the first time as a combined app map that combines the three section maps: Map 101, Map 102, Map 103, and the new Combined East Hudson Map (pictured to the right).
At only $11.95 ($8.96 for members), this map set is a must-have for enjoying the excellent outdoor experiences throughout the Hudson Highlands region.
About the Map
List price: $11.95 ISBN: 978-1-944450-03-8New York-New Jersey Trail Conference (2018)
At a Glance
- More than 150 miles of marked trails in portions of Dutchess, Putnam, and Westchester counties
- Parklands including Clarence Fahnestock Memorial State Park, Hudson Highlands State Park Preserve, Castle Rock Unique Area, Hudson Highlands Gateway Park, Manitoga, Manitou Point Preserve, Mount Beacon Park, Nelsonville Nature Preserve, and West Point Foundry Preserve
- More than 20 miles of the Appalachian Trail as it passes through Putnam County
- The popular Breakneck Ridge destination
- 20-foot elevation contours
- Junction-to-junction trail mileage numbers on the map front
- 1:31,683 scale (2 inches = 1 mile)
- Convenient map sizes to carry and use on the trail
- Enlarged inset maps of Manitou Point Preserve and Manitoga
- Parkland boundaries
- Unmaintained trails and woods roads
- Viewpoints, campsites, mines, and other points of interest
- Parking areas
- Public transportation
- Park contact information, history, and regulations
- UTM coordinate grid
Special thanks to all the volunteers and park partners who helped produce this revised edition of the East Hudson Trails map set. This map was also produced with support from Old Souls, an outdoor store and retail partner of the Trail Conference.
About the Trail Conference
The New York-New Jersey Trail Conference is a volunteer-powered, 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that builds, maintains, and protects public trails. Together with our partners, we strive to ensure that the trails and natural areas we share are sustainable and accessible for all to enjoy for generations to come. Do your part to speak up for trails, volunteer to make our trails better, or support trails by purchasing great maps, making a gift, or becoming a member.
New York-New Jersey Trail Conference maps are built on more than 80 years of mapping experience. They are the trusted source for reliable trail information in the New York-New Jersey metropolitan region. These maps are "Made By the People Who Build the Trails" and are regularly updated with changes to the trails.