‘Winging It!’ Now on Display
In our latest group art exhibition, the Trail Conference celebrates birds, bugs, and the beauty of connecting with nature.
The Trail Conference Gallery is presenting “Winging It!,” a group exhibition featuring art and photographs depicting birds and bugs. The show opened June 7 and can be viewed during regular business hours at Trail Conference Headquarters.
This is a juried show, with prizes provided by Dick Blick Art Materials. Winners will be selected by guest judges Tom Valenti, noted painter, art instructor and past president of Allied Artists of America, and Scott Gunther of Wild Birds Unlimited in Paramus.
The winners were announced at a celebratory party for the show on June 28 from 5:30 to 7:30 pm. Refreshments were provided through generous donations from Acme Markets, Inc. and Chicken & Rib Crib of Mahwah. Wild Birds Unlimited provided a door prize, and Dick Blick and Ramsey Outdoor contributed gift bags for all participating artists in attendance. The reception was open to the public.
- Melina Cronin, "After the Storm"
- Joel Schilling, "Hummingbird Moth"
- Nick Verducci, "Pileated Woodpecker"
- Honorable mention: Jacek Kowalski, "Ebony Jewelwing Damselfly"
- Honorable mention: Ruth Plucinski, "Meeting of the Monarchs"
Fine Art Winners
- Roberta Oliver, “On Golden Pond”
- Anne Winner, “Homage to Pale Male”
- Patricia Wynne, “Passenger Pigeon”
- Honorable mention: Lou Spina, “The Hunted”
- Honorable mention: Adele Grodstein “City Friends”
The Trail Conference will host additional bird-related activities, including a hike and lecture, through the show’s closing on Aug. 28.